IN HIS HAND IS THE LIFE OF EVERY CREATURE AND THE BREATH OF ALL MANKIND.
JOB 12:10

Thursday, January 16, 2014

EVEN THOUGH

Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
and there are no grapes on the vines;

even though the olive crop fails,
and the fields lie empty and barren;

even though the flocks die in the fields,
and the cattle barns are empty,

yet I will rejoice in the LORD!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

The Sovereign LORD is my strength!
He makes me surefooted as a deer,
able to tread upon the heights.

Habakkuk 3:17-19

This is one of my favorite passages. I like it because I think it's easy to praise God when things are going great and life is working out how we planned. And it's also easy to praise God when things are rough and he comes in and saves the day. But it's hard to praise God when nothing is going right, and things don't change...they stay rough.

So this passage reminds me that the point isn't to have blossoms on the fig trees or full cattle barns...the point of life isn't to get stuff or have all our plans work out. The point is we can have joy no matter what comes our way because God has saved us...God is with us during the good times AND bad times...so in a way all the times really good because of him.

No  matter how many things are going wrong in my life, I can rejoice in the LORD and be joyful in my Savior. What a beautiful blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment