IN HIS HAND IS THE LIFE OF EVERY CREATURE AND THE BREATH OF ALL MANKIND.
JOB 12:10

Sunday, August 19, 2012

MY PRAYER

So I bought this new TV (mainly to watch the US open coming later this month) and I needed help picking up and carrying this TV home. So Friday night I prayed and told God about my situation and my need and told him I believed He would a big strong guy with a truck to assist me. This made sense to me because He promises that He will sustain me and take care of me, even better than He takes care of the birds in the sky.

The next day I realized no one had called me to help me yet. I hadn't randomly run into any of my neighbors so that I could ask for help. I was a little surprised that God had not yet answered my prayer...and I prayed again and reminded Him that I was single and did not have the strong muscles needed. I asked Him who I should call and how long I would need to wait. (not my favorite...waiting)

The story from the Old Testament came to my mind where God says the river will part AS SOON AS they step in and start to walk in it! I realized I needed to make that first step of faith and believe that Jesus would answer my prayer.

First I went to the store to see it the TV would even fit in my car. To my surprise, it fit! I thanked God and drove home. When I drove into my parking garage, no one was there to carry this big TV into my apartment. So I stared at it for a while in my trunk and then I tried to get it out of the car. To my surprise it wasn't very heavy. Or maybe God made my muscles strong...either way I was able to carry it in all by myself (okay so I admit I did have to take a couple of breaks).

I had expected God to answer my prayer in a specific way, but He still answered my prayer, even though it wasn't the way I had planned. God showed me that when I think I am weak, I am really strong because of Him. He is my helper in time of need. He reminded me through this that He is ALWAYS there for me, always ready to help me.

Sometimes I look for external means of help, when my help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth. He is stronger and more powerful than anyone here on earth. Sometimes He uses others to help us, and sometimes He answers the need Himself. His power is in us because Christ is in us. He is always faithful.

Matthew 6:25-26
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Joshua 3:13
And as soon as the priests who carry the ark of the Lord—the Lord of all the earth —set foot in the Jordan, its waters flowing downstream will be cut off and stand up in a heap.

No comments:

Post a Comment