IN HIS HAND IS THE LIFE OF EVERY CREATURE AND THE BREATH OF ALL MANKIND.
JOB 12:10

Sunday, August 12, 2012

GOLD


As I was watching the Olympics earlier this month, I already had read that the US women had won the GOLD in the team gymnastics event. And even though I knew the ending, I still found myself nervous for them as they were performing those amazing flips in the air and trying to stick their landings.

It caused me to reflect on our lives here on earth. We already know how it's going to end. Jesus comes on a white horse and defeats evil forever! And when I get worried or anxious, I am getting caught up in the drama and forgetting I already know who takes gold!

Jesus tells us he has conquered the world so that we can have peace. We don't have to be anxious about anything. We have nothing to fear so we can live courageously for Him. Despite trials, sorrows, or suffering we may experience, we can still have peace. God is in control...and He already won!

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment