IN HIS HAND IS THE LIFE OF EVERY CREATURE AND THE BREATH OF ALL MANKIND.
JOB 12:10

Sunday, September 9, 2012

EL ROI

As I went to stand in line to board the Southwest flight to go home, I looked around and realized I was all alone. My boarding number was C18...there was no one in front of me or behind me. "Am I on the right flight?" was the first thought that ran through my head. So I followed the B 31-60 group as some of them saw me alone and gestured for me to come over and board with them. When I got on the place the flight attendant asked me if I was the last one and I told her yes and that I was the only one in my boarding group and showed her my number. She laughed and said that was strange.

Then as the same flight attendant was coming by towards the end of the flight with the trash bag I asked her if I was going to be receiving my drink. She looked surprised and said "Oh did they forget you?" Apparently my row had been skipped! She laughed and said, "Must be that C18 number!"

Again I felt alone and forgotten. Does anyone see me?!

Then I heard God answer me...(guess He is the only one who heard my question since it wasn't aloud). He said "I see you."

Even when I feel like the world has forgotten about me, little C18, God sees me. And He hears me.

In Genesis 16, Hagar had run away after being mistreated by Sarai, her mistress. An angel of the LORD finds her and tells her to go back. The angel tells her God has heard of her affliction, and Hagar gives God the name EL ROI, the God who sees. 

Genesis 16:11, 13
...for the Lord has heard of your misery...
She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her:
“You are the God who sees me,” for she said,
I have now seen the One who sees me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment