IN HIS HAND IS THE LIFE OF EVERY CREATURE AND THE BREATH OF ALL MANKIND.
JOB 12:10

Sunday, October 21, 2012

BATTLEFIELD

WEEK 4 on the sidewalk:
Eph 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

This past week, I experienced a spiritual battle. I was confused and discouraged. My mind felt like it was in a fog. I was discouraged I felt beat down and couldn't put my finger on what was wrong. I know I have been through attacks from the devil before, but this time different...I wasn't able to break free. I finally shared what was going on with a friend and she prayed for me. I immediately felt peace...peace that I had been seeking for over a week. I thought back to the sidewalk counseling preparation material I had read, and I was warned to be prepared for a spiritual battle. I had no idea how real this battle would be.

Every Christian should expect Satan to attack.
Satan comes to kill steal and destroy (John 10:10)
Satan wants to sift us like wheat (Luke 22:31)
Satan is the Father of Lies (John 8:44)
Satan prowls like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8)

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed. 

Charles Stanley says, "Satan takes a deliberate willful moment in our life to do anything and everything he can to destroy us. It's an assault upon our emotions and an assault upon our mind. He always attacks the mind. That's his battlefield."

What God says about how to fight off Satan.
1. God's Word
Jesus showed us this when he was tempted by Satan three times in the wilderness; each time he fought Satan by quoting from Deuteronomy.
-Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God (Deut 8:3)
-Do not put the Lord your God to the test (Deut 6:16)
-Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only (Deut 6:13)

2. Armor of God
Belt of Truth - The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth (Psalm 145:18)
Breastplate of Righteousness -Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness (Genesis 15:6)
Sandals of Peace - You will keep in perfect peace those minds who are steadfast, because they trust in you (Isaiah 26:3)
Shield of Faith - And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power (1 Peter 1:5)
Helmet of Salvation - But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation (Psalm 13:5)
Sword of the Spirit - For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword (Heb 4:12)

3. Prayer
We can pray and ask God to put a hedge of protection around us. We can also ask other believers to pray on our behalf and intercede for us when we are weak and not able to fight alone. When Jesus prayed for us to the Father, he asked God not to take us out of the world, but to keep us from the evil one (John 17:14-15). We are surrounded by evil in this world, but because of Jesus, we are protected and have nothing to fear.

Whenever we take a stand for God we will face a battle against darkness and evil powers. Abortion is truly is a battle between life and death, good and evil, truth and lies. This past week God showed me the amazing power of prayer in fighting these battles, the reality of Satan and the undeniable battle every believer will encounter, and the perfect peace He gives us in the midst of this battle.

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment