IN HIS HAND IS THE LIFE OF EVERY CREATURE AND THE BREATH OF ALL MANKIND.
JOB 12:10

Sunday, October 7, 2012

WHEN

WEEK 2 on the sidewalk:
The prayer guide I was given for the sidewalk counseling starts with a song, and the words are from Isaiah...

Isaiah 43:1-5
But now, this is what the LORD says -
he who created you...
he who formed you...

"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
 I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...
Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you...
Do not be afraid, for I am with you..."

Sometimes as I am standing on the sidewalk, I will talk to other people praying there, or I will try to communicate with cars as they drive by. And other times it's very quiet...God's presence is so strong. When it's quiet, I meditate on these words and the part that stood out to me is this... God says when the waters get rough and when I go through the fire. Not if but when.

Often when I pray, I think I ask God to make the waters calm or to make the fire go away. I tell God what I am going through is hard. But God hasn't promised me that I won't go through difficult circumstances. Instead he promises that he will be there with me.

He tells me to not be afraid.
He will keep me safe.
I am precious to him.
He loves me.
I am his.
He created me.
He has redeemed me.

My prayer is that all will know the amazing love God has for them. That they aren't alone. And that they have a Creator. And a Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment