IN HIS HAND IS THE LIFE OF EVERY CREATURE AND THE BREATH OF ALL MANKIND.
JOB 12:10

Sunday, December 9, 2012

I AM COMING SOON

Revelation is one of the most quoted books...here are a few of the beautiful passages found in this book.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. (3:20)

Day and night they never stop saying: "'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty,’ who was, and is, and is to come...You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.” (4:8, 11)

Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat down on them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. (7:16-17)

Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” (5:12)

“I am making everything new!” (21:5)

SEVEN is the number of perfection (and six is the number representing imperfection...it's close to seven, but not quite). In Revelation 13:18 it talks about the number of a man will be 666. The number seven is repeated throughout this book. There are the seven stars that represent the angles of the seven churches, the seven lamps that represent the seven churhces, the seven seals, seven thunders, seven angels with seven plaques, seven bowls of God's wrath, and the beast with seven heads representing seven hills and the seven kings.

The seven churches mentioned in Revelation (2-3):

1. EPHESUS - 'You do not love me or others the way you did at first.'
Action: *Remember how you used to love me and turn back to me*
God's Promise: I will give you food from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
Deut. 7:9   God keeps his covenant with those who love him.

2. SYMRNA - 'You are in poverty, yet you are rich.'
Action: *Fear not what you are about to suffer*
God's Promise: If you remain faithful even when facing death, I will give you a crown of life.
James 2:5  God has chosen the poor in this world to be rich in faith and they are the ones who will inherit the Kingdom he promised to those who love him.

3. PERGAMOS - 'You live where Satan's throne is.'
Action: *Repent of your sins*
God's Promise: I will give you the hidden manna and a white stone with a new name written on it.
2 Corinthians 4:4  Satan is the god of this world and has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News and theydon’t understand this message about the glory of Christ.

4. THYATIRA - 'You tolerate immorality.'
Action: *Hold on till I come and obey me to the very end*
God's Promise: To him who overcomes I will give power over nations.
1 Corinthians  6:18  God says to run from sexual sin. No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.

5. SARDIS - 'I know your works but you are dead.'
Action: *Wake up and hold firmly to what you have heard and believed*
God's Promise: Those who are worthy will walk with me in white.
Romans 3:27  Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted by God? No, because our acquittal is not based on obeying the law. It is based on faith.

6. Philadelphia - 'You have kept my word so I will keep you from the hour of testing.'
Action: *Hold on to what you have so that no one will take away your crown*
God's Promise: The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God.
 John 17:15  I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one.

7. LAODICEA - 'You are neither cold nor hot, but lukewarm.'
Action: *I correct and discipline everyone I love; be zealous and turn from your indifference*
God's Promise: To him who overcomes will sit with me on my throne.
Proverbs 3:12  Because the LORD disciplines those he loves...

"Yes, I am coming soon." (22:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment