IN HIS HAND IS THE LIFE OF EVERY CREATURE AND THE BREATH OF ALL MANKIND.
JOB 12:10

Sunday, December 30, 2012

HEAVEN

Colossians 3:2
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 

I was talking to a friend the other day about dating and all the time we spend talking about dating, thinking about dating, getting anxious about dating...and I told her that I was wasn't going to worry about dating anymore since Jesus says that marriage is only here on earth anyway (Matthew 22:30). And she said, 'Yeah...then why do we spend some much time focusing on it?!' 

Now, I know that God made marriage and also said it is not good for man to be alone (Genesis 2:18). But it's one thing to desire and believe in marriage, and it's another to spend too much time thinking about something hardly in our control. As long as our desires ultimately are to glorify God then I think God will honor them. After all he says to delight in him and he will give us the desires of our heart. (Ps 37:4)

So to start off my new year's resolutions, I am going to keep this verse in mind...that I need to set my mind on things above, not on things here on earth.

* Give my worries and cares to the Lord
* Show love to those who are hard to love
* Share the good news of Jesus with someone
* Realize my time here on earth is only temporary
* Pray for God's kingdom to come and his will to be done

No comments:

Post a Comment